WELCOME TO THE LOFT!
Graphic by Kerry Messer
1. Be creative. We provide the topic. You feel free to use words, photos, video, audio, your family pet, whatever, to communicate on the weekly topic.
2. Listen twice as much. If you leave one link, visit two.
3. Be a community. Include #TheLoft graphic and/or hashtag in your post and social media so we can find each other.
4. Write like Jesus would write. We are a Christian link-up. Offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted. No questions asked.
5. Be pertinent. Our heart is to build community and intimacy, and our means to do that is to build each link-up around a single topic. Please make sure your post is on topic.
6. Link-Up. Each Wednesday morning at 5am EST, the link goes live, and for 6 glorious days you can link up your post on that week’s topic. The linky will close at 5pm EST on Monday.
This Week’s Topic: Bucket List ~ (what is on your bucket list. what are some things you want to do and see before Jesus calls you home. )
I have always liked the idea of creating a Bucket List. However, where on earth do I start? Literally, where on earth do I start? USA? South America? Africa? Asia? Europe? Where do I start?
Some of the things I would like to do involve travel, but there are other ambitions and things I would like to do or see before Christ calls me home.
Let me share this with you lovely ones today 🙂 :
- Visit the USA several more times
- Have children
- Publish a book (or two, three… or several)
- Lead a bible study
- Write more articles for Christian publications
- Study theology in some capacity
- Know the Lord ever more deeply always
- Learn to drive and get a car
- Meet up with friends I haven’t seen in years or those who I have yet to meet in person
- See some iconic places… I am a tourist more than an adventure back packer
- Go to a week long Christian conference like Momentum
- Cook Christmas dinner and dessert without assistance (for the most part…)
- Explain the gospel confidently one to one with someone
- Have our own family home
- Be in the USA over thanksgiving
- Spend Christmas and New Year in New York
- Volunteer in Africa or visit it like the tourist I am
- Have a spa weekend
- Sing to an audience
- Go on a road trip around the UK, stopping off at quaint villages along the way
- Picnic in a romantic location (hint hint Joel 😉 )
- Go to the theatre to watch a musical at the West End or Broadway
- See Riverdance live
- Lose weight (this pig might not fly…)
- Become more artistic e.g. paint, crochet etc.
- Adopt and/or foster a child
- Go abroad with an organisation like Tearfund or a specific project overseas to help others
- Write and publish both fiction and non-fiction
- Complete a screenplay
- Get an agent
- Try to find a sport I enjoy and actually do it regularly
- Hold an animal that is not classified as a pet… Not sure what animal though!
- See the Northern Lights
- Go stargazing with the telescope
- Own a pet or two…
- Do some form of public speaking… despite nervousness and my lack of confidence!
- Go on a writer’s retreat
- Work with those with disabilities
- Help churches to adapt to meet the needs of those with learning difficulties
These are just some of the few ideas I thought to add to a Bucket List and I am sure there are more! I am super excited about Jesus coming back and so blessed for all the provisions that God has given me already. Although it is nice to have a Bucket List, I would much rather aspire to Christ-likeness and go through life following the Lord in all I do. The desires of my heart can only be met through knowing Christ and what He did for me on the cross. In death and in life I am confident because of God’s wondrous love for me and you.
Blessed be the name of the Lord!
Next Week’s (September 9) Topic: Blogging and You ~ (when did you begin blogging? why did you begin blogging? what have you learned through blogging? how has blogging been a blessing to you?)
I hope you will plan to join us each week at The Loft Link-Up.
Now, it is time to link-up!!