“Being able to read a book and write a review is a skill which Ruth has in abundance. To interpret what the author is saying and precis it down into 800 words requires true writing ability and skill. Ruth has reviewed books for Together magazine across genres and different levels of academic writing. She has been a valuable member of our writing team.” Stephen Briars, Editor of Together Magazine
“Ruth’s writing style is clear and relatable, but most importantly, it is always grounded in the truth found in Scripture. She has written several articles for Bible Study Tools on a variety of topics, from studies like “Why is Jesus our good shepherd” to honest questions like “what can we do when reading the Bible feels boring?” I appreciate her versatility, as well as the way that she can encourage readers by weaving her own personal experiences into articles, as applicable. I’d absolutely recommend Ruth as a writer. She is prompt with deadlines, communicates clearly, and her articles match the needs of my website. It’s
been a pleasure getting to work with her the last few years!” Bethany Pyle, Design Editor, Salem Web Network
I absolutely love writing content for online and print publications, crafting thought-provoking and engaging blog posts, providing clear and concise information in a well-rounded book review, and creating written and spoken material to support others. Writing is such an enjoyable process for me, and I would be delighted if I could help and contribute to any writing needs you may have.
If you would like me to write for you, please get in touch via my Contact page.
Online portfolio – journalism
Woman Alive Magazine
- INTERVIEW with Sharon Dirckx: ‘Can you be an intellectual and believe in God at the same time?’
- The cross-generational sisterhood
Amy Boucher Pye – 7 Ways to Pray Blog Series
See all my articles for Crosswalk.com here
See all my articles for BibleStudyTools.com here.
- INTERVIEW: Kings Kaleidoscope’s Chad Gardner on faith, music and how he’s still figuring it all out
- 7 tips to help the mental wellbeing of new mums
- Should we replace human contact with robot ‘companions’ – or is there a better way?
- Caring with intent: 8 ways you and your church can make a difference to disabled people and their carers
- 5 unexpected things motherhood is teaching me
- Good news in the news: 3 stories with a gospel message
- Deep water: How to navigate the perils of social media
- Spiritual wisdom from my garden: 6 lessons to encourage growth
- News through a mother’s eyes: why the media doesn’t have the last word
- Anne Frank: Hidden diary entries reveal the secrets in all of us
Devon Life magazine
- Devon folk band Show of Hands release song for the Somme
- All aboard the Tiverton train trail!
- Vintage Weekend at RHS Garden Rosemoor
- Devon artist makes television debut
- Plymouth welcomes back historic boats for Classic Boat Rally 2016
- Come and meet rescued Shetland pony Sir Didymus
- Look out! There are rhinos about!
Exeter Life magazine
Bridge Books 10th anniversary
Association of Christian Writers
- From Nothing to Narnia
- Toothbrush Truth
- Confessions of a Pilgrim Writer on the Road Less-Travelled
- Top 5 Reasons Why I Write
- Write and see where it takes you
- The Prayer and Poem of a Weary Writer
Christian Writer – Association of Christian Writers magazine
- We All Need Encouragement (first appeared in Together Magazine – see above)
- Light up your year with a devotional
- Top Five IVP Reads for 2018
The Baptist Times
The Lily-Jo Project
- How To Navigate Your Mental Health When You Have A Child Under One Year
- Overcoming Cancer – Interview with Lily Jo for the Lily Jo Project