Hello Book Worms, Bloggers, Blog-readers or whoever you may be!
Welcome back to The Loft!
Come and take a look at what books me and some other bloggers are into at the moment! 🙂
Graphic by Kerry Messer
1. Be creative. We provide the topic. You feel free to use words, photos, video, audio, your family pet, whatever, to communicate on the weekly topic.
2. Listen twice as much. If you leave one link, visit two.
3. Be a community. Include #TheLoft graphic and/or hashtag in your post and social media so we can find each other.
4. Write like Jesus would write. We are a Christian link-up. Offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted. No questions asked.
5. Be pertinent. Our heart is to build community and intimacy, and our means to do that is to build each link-up around a single topic. Please make sure your post is on topic.
6. Link-Up. Each Wednesday morning at 5am EST, the link goes live, and for 6 glorious days you can link up your post on that week’s topic. The linky will close at 5pm EST on Monday.
This Week’s Topic: Books: What Are You Reading? (share what book or books you are reading or have read that really lit your fire and why. are there books that have made a difference in your life? if you have a ‘library’ in your home, share some of the books that you have.)
I am so excited to be sharing my book collection this week at The Loft! If anyone knows me at all, they know that I love to read. Books are an important part of my life. They help me to relax and to enter another world. To imagine and dream. They inspire me to write. Dare I even utter the thought of actually becoming an author? Some books are helpful to life and teach me great things. Others are purely to get immersed in and enter another world for a few hours.
So what I am reading? Have you seen my book shelf? Let me show you…
My book shelves keep on growing. If anyone is in any doubt on what to get me as a gift (haha), a book token goes a long way. Joel and I are looking into buying another book shelf…
At the moment, Joel and I are studying the book of Colossians in the bible. We are using the Life Application Study Bible (of which we have two), and are looking at the commentary to further our understanding.
When reading solo, I am currently getting through a book by Timothy Keller called ‘Preaching’. I have no intentions of ever becoming a preacher, but it is a useful read on communicating matters of faith to an audience, which is very helpful when blogging and writing about faith related stuff.
I have no end of books to be getting on with. I love reading books that help to deepen my knowledge and love for the Lord. I am also trying to read some more classic books like David Copperfield by Charles Dickens or Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
Cookery books are becoming quite useful to read through and I have a couple of books related to looking after the home. The housewife life is good!
I have a few books related to creative writing, novel writing and screenplays which link to my love of the written word.
Gone are the days of reading books by Roald Dahl, Dr Seuss and J.K. Rowling. But I am sure in time my love for these authors will return in due course…
It has been fun sharing with you some of my books. My book shelves have filled more since the above images were taken.
Looking forward to reading what books other bloggers are sinking their teeth into!
Happy reading friends and make sure to link up and read other bloggers by clicking on the image below! 🙂
Next Week’s (September 30) Topic: Pot Luck ( this week you may link up any post you want on any topic. it could be a written post, a video, a picture, a poem, anything that strikes your fancy…link ‘er up today.)
I hope you will plan to join us each week at The Loft Link-Up.
Now, it is time to link-up!!